Thursday, October 30, 2014

TAMARA






Yesterday October 29th 2014 Jeffrey Reddick and co-writer J.D. Matthews published Jeffrey's first book titled 'Tamara'.  

Yes, the very same Jeffrey Reddick who created the Final Destination Franchise...

It hasn't been that long since my last blog about this massively talented individual. 


So... Tamara... 

Tamara is a book that's based off the 2005 classic cult film of the same name.  


I haven't seen the film.  BUT... I have read the book :)

The description from the kindle page is as follows:



Intrigued by the description. Come on, High School really sucked for me...

When the book became available for purchase, I grabbed it at the first opportune moment.


I didn't actually get to settle down and start reading it until about 9pm... 

Thought "Hey... read a lil... and let it soak in and pick it up tomorrow" ...Yeah I'm a lazy reader.

I read the first 4 chapters and put it down.  "Cool deal" I said to myself. "Liking this so far."

I go off on my merry way, it wasn't long... I peered over to my phone... I grabbed it and opened up my Kindle App and started where I left off... I couldn't resist...

Line after line... chapter after chapter... 

It flowed, it vibed, it entranced me.  

I read through to the half way mark... I promised myself I would put it down and go to bed... But I couldn't... I wouldn't...

It was as if... 'Tamara' herself, had me under her finger.

I finally finished reading it as the sun was getting ready to bust over the horizon. 

"What a book... What an ending!"  I marveled in thought.

There are moments of terror, and moments of suspense, moments that make you empathetic and compassionate, you really "feel" for this character...

There is humor, I found myself chuckling out loud more than once.

The dialogue is nicely done, as each character talks you get a sense of them being their own person. Which doesn't always come through in literary works... It did so superbly in 'Tamara'  

There is action which grabs you and carries you along for the ride.

By the time it was over, I felt like I had personally been on this journey that had just unfolded before my eyes. 

Which was glorious, since it is based on a film... and I haven't seen the film... I wondered how my experience reading this book would turn out...

I must say, that I didn't need any knowledge of the film... Everything was complete, the story was there and I felt emerged in this world.

But I can't help but wonder... Whats the film like?


While there are several links to 'Tamara' placed inside this blog already, you can either click the link or picture below to visit the amazon kindle page for the book.


http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OYU2GCC


While I do affirm that this is a great book,
Don't take my word for it... 
Discover for your self.

I leave you with the book trailer:



   

No comments:

Post a Comment